Thursday, April 18, 2013

Notebooks

I have a lot of strange addictions, but one of the weirdest ones is my love of notebooks. I just love notebooks, journals, and sketchbooks in all shapes, colors, and sizes. Whenever I go into a book store the first place I immediately head to is the notebook section. I don't know what it is about notebooks. Is it the blank pages and all the possibilities of what could go inside of them? Is it the way they look and feel? I have no idea.

My problem has reached epic levels because now I have tons and tons of journals but I don't know what to do with any of them. I also have an issue with trying to start a journal but if I'm unhappy with what I have written in it I don't want to use it anymore, and there goes a perfectly good, almost empty notebook. I bet no one else in the world has the same kind of dumb issues that I have.

As an artist I have a similar issue with sketchbooks. I love having a ton of them. But once I start drawing inside of it, any bad drawing is enough to make me want to dispose of the entire book. It's a really silly problem that I have.

The amount of journals I have collected is so many that I have a crate full of them, but that doesn't stop me from going to a store and buying a whole bunch more even when I have so many unused ones. Even the idea of going to a store like staples is exciting to me. Most people do not enjoy going to Staples but I freaking love it. There are so many fun things inside of it. Not only are there lots of notebooks, but there are pens and highlighters and sharpies. I wish I had a use for all of these things so that I could use them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment