Friday, April 19, 2013

Movies

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love movies, so I thought I would write a bit about it. Here are some of my absolute favorite movies of all time. I am just going to write down the ones I can think of. They are not in any particular order. I love all of these movies.

1. The Cabin in the woods. I am a giant Joss Whedon fan, so the fact that he made this masterful horror film is so exciting to me. I love that this movie essentially plays with all of the usual horror movie tropes and sort of pokes fun of it while also being a total love letter to the genre of horror. I thought it was fantastic and there is nothing better than the scene where the elevators come open and all of the monsters come out and attack people.

2. Moulin Rouge. This is such a different movie than any of the horror that I usually like but it holds a really special place in my heart. I love musicals. The first time I watched this movie I didn't know what it was about and I was so surprised when I sat through it and realized just how great it was. The music is so catchy and the ending of the movie makes me cry every time. Sometimes I even stop the movie before the last ten minutes so that it can have a happy ending.

3. The Descent. This is my favorite horror movie in the world. I watched it with my family and we initially didn't want to watch it because we generally don't like movies about caves and this movie came out when there was a sudden influx of cave horror for whatever reason. Boy am I glad we watched it. I don't get scared easily when I watch movies but this is the first time I was really scared when I saw a horror movie and it stuck with me even when I went to bed. I honestly thought that I was going to be attacked by cave monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment