Monday, April 15, 2013

Making movies

Here's a weird thing I have been thinking about. I already have too many hobbies, but sometimes I feel like i want to be a video editer or some kind. When I was a kid I always wanted to be a filmmaker. Back then I just called it a director, since I didn't know any other words for people who were involved in movie making. I guess that desire still lives on inside of me.

It's easier than ever now to get involved with something like that with youtube around and tons of other video sharing sites. But the problem is I'm not even sure what I should do. If I am interested in video editing I could just start with making fan videos and playing around with video software just to get the hang of it. I've already done this a bit by taking clips of my favorite shows and trying to edit something that goes along with cool music. It's a lot of fun, but it's also really time consuming.

I also would like to make my own really cool videos as well. I already have a great camera, but I wouldn't even know what to film. I went to Europe last year and I'm kind of kicking myself for not capturing any video footage because I would have loved to edit a video about my time there. I know I could never be a vlogger or anything like that because I hate the sound of my own voice too much, and I don't think I really have anything to talk about that would be interesting on camera. I couldn't do comedy style videos because I am not funny. And I don't know anyone who could be actors in my videos. Not like I would ever be able to write a script anyway. I know I shouldn't let all of these things get in the way of something that I want to do, but I'm one of those people who feels like I can only do something if I know the end result is going to be great. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment