Friday, April 26, 2013

Coffee

If I had the money, I think I would spend all of it on drinks from starbucks. Starbucks is so delicious but it is also so expensive. I have tried to save money by buying starbucks coffee and making it at home, but it really isn't the same thing. The one thing I am never going to be able to replicate is a frappuccino. And their whipped cream is amazing. Whipped cream from a grocery store just isn't the same thing.

I also love the environment in Starbucks. Where I live, it's really difficult to ever find a table to sit at in any of the Starbucks, which is disappointing because I would love to bring my laptop out there so that I can work. Most of the time I just end up going in and then walking right back out because it's too crowded to anything else. I think the only way I would ever be able to get a seat in Starbucks would be if I showed up right when it opens. There is another coffee shop that I like that is really similar to starbucks. The coffee is delicious and the atmosphere is great as well, but it has the same problem of never having any place to sit, despite the fact that it's so huge.

So now I'm at home with my packs of starbucks coffee and drinking several cups every day. I got a french press and I've been trying to figure out how to make the perfect cup of coffee with it. The problem is, store bought coffee is usually too fine for the french press, so I always end up with little floating bits in my drink. And I can't seem to ever make a consistant cup of coffee. Some days I'll make a cup that tastes amazing, but other days it will literally taste like medication even though I am using the same brand of coffee. I wonder what it is that I could be doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment